Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Postman rang twice . . .

. . . yesterday - but couldn't make me hear - so 2 long awaited packages were delivered early today.

The GRID MARKER (see pic below) is a super tool for marking quilts and saves fussing about with rulers and suchlike.  First saw it in action on a Blog - most impressed - but I had a hard time obtaining one as no suppliers in the US shipped abroad.
In desperation I emailed my good friend Roxanne at Cottoncapers (see website on side bar)and she managed to obtain a couple from her suppliers for Juliet and myself. Arrived within 2 weeks.
Juliet is completing her version of The Singing Garden whilst I am completing the autumn version and we're both using the grid system of quilting on our blocks.  Will post pics when I get cracking.
Meanwhile will post some pics of the completed original Singing Garden quilt tomorrow so you can see close ups of the quilting.

The Magic Piemaker (see pics below) is just that.  Magically makes small delicious pies in 10 minutes. Will post pics showing the process either tomorrow or Friday. My friend Jean has one and makes the most DELICIOUS pies, so naturally I wanted one too.
Breville no longer manufacture these little gadgets - tho' there's a petition on-line, with 500 signatures at last count, asking Breville to start production once again. You'll be hard pressed to find a Piemaker.  I was lucky enough to obtain mine from Lesley on EBay - but won't shout too much until I've put it though it's paces as it might not work. Not even switched it on yet - having been involved with medical matters for most of the day.

Pretty tired now to tell you the truth . . . . .

No comments: