Monday, April 20, 2009

A better day . . .


To all the lovely kind folks who have made sympathetic comments about Stephen's illness, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  

Another lovely sunny day was spent mostly pottering in the garden or sitting under umbrellas drinking tea and watching the birds.  A pair of bluetits have settled in one of the boxes and great tits are nest building in another one. We think blackbirds have made a nest at the bottom of the garden - they did last year and it might be the same pair. It was a pleasant day and I hoped Stephen could forget his troubles for a while.   Difficult.

I made last-minute touches to quilts for the exhibition on Friday - stitching on labels, hanging sleeves and such-like. 

Stephen seems a trifle better today - no sickness and his appetite has perked up. The effect of the chemo is obviously wearing off. Seemed to have some energy. Not doing a cookathon but have been making easily digested tasty food - in small quantities - for him. 

Just returned from my treat of the week - i.e. choral practice. I love singing (better watch my spelling - I typed an extra 'n' in place of the 'g').  
Am a soprano but not in same league as Susan Boyle of Britains Got Talent - tho' I think she is actually a mezzo. Was fascinated by Susan's fabulous rendition of "Cry me a River" which you can hear on YouTube website - click on side bar to access the website -  and listen to her.

Our choir is performing Mendelssohn's ELIJAH.  I think it's the best sound we've every made. The choruses tonight were magnificent and the audience are in for a real treat on Saturday.  
I'm at the far end of the back row - if you can make it. Give me a wave!!

I just hope Stephen will feel well enough to sit for 2 hours in the Town Hall. He likes music,  an artist himself (painter), and his brother is a musician. Friends will bring him home if he finds it too much. We'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

jan said...

A little respite for you both. Your garden sounds so full Babs, it must be a joy to sit and watch the wildlife in it. I am hoping that next year ours will be filled out a bit and the birds will nest again.