Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not a good start . . .

Not a good start to the day for both S and myself. 

He woke up with a feeling of malaise -distended stomach - bloating and bowel problems. Called the cancer nurse at the surgery - she is able to get an immediate appointment with GP for cancer patients.  A good scheme, but unfortunately was out on her break. Were told she will telephone ASAP. We await her call.

I woke up with pains in most of my limbs and could hardly crawl out of bed this morning. Very strange and hopefully only temporary.  Not experienced it before. 
We would be in a mess if I succumbed to something.  Might be a form of tension - or nerves. I've taken some ibuprofen before doing morning  handstands. (Joke)!

It's odd, but when one is faced with a partner who has a terminal illness, it's very hard to voice one's own ailments 'cos they seem so paltry compared to Stephen's cancers for example. Likewise it's equally difficult to voice great joy  - as joy is the last thing they feel, so one has to suppress all these feelings and perhaps that is what is causing the pain in my body today? 
Writing up and expressing one's feelings on a blog is quite therapeutic - so thanks folks for all your good wishes and kind words.  Akin to having good neighbours around the corner.

I have to pack the quilts today for Friday's exhibition. Not all mine - some folks are on holiday and dropped them off for me to take to Bilsborrow.  
Last thing I feel like doing - but will have to 'gird my loins' as they say, and get cracking - shuffling being a better word at this moment in time.


2 comments:

Jo Hopwood said...

Hope you are feeling better Babs - it is amazing how much stress and tension can affect us - sometimes our bodies litereally tell us to SLOW DOWN - sounds like this might be the case - be as gentle with yourself as you can my dear :-)

jan said...

I am sure it is a form of stress you are experiencing Babs, please God you wont get ill yourself. Take care. lol Jan x