Friday, April 17, 2009

Bad News . .

Visited oncologist this morning who gave us some very bad news. 
Chemo to be discontinued as cancer has spread. Lymphomas, bowel, liver, stomach.
We went to garden centre afterwards, as previously planned, to collect 21 Shirley tomato plants (which I've grown for past 20+ years) and looked at each other as we picked them up - each wondering . . . . 

Stephen is deep in thought, slowly pottering in the garden as it's such a lovely day, and I'm going to do some quiet sewing when I've finished sending emails to family and friends and made him another cup of tea. It's how we Brits cope isn't it?  Put the kettle on . . . .

Although it's a glorious, sunny day - it's also very sad . . . . 

5 comments:

Maggi said...

My thoughts are with you both. I know exactly what you are going through. Be strong. Maggi

Anonymous said...

Hi Babs,
My thoughts are with you as there are no words.
Caz

jan said...

Babs, You know you have my thoughts and love all the time. I truly am sorry it is such awful news for you.
Jan x

Grammy said...

Dear Babs,
I am thinking much about you and Stephen. You both are in my prayers as well What a way to spend a birthday morning...drinking that horrible stuff. I am on pain medication right now, following my medical procedure, but I can only imagine how Stephen is feeling. Bless you both. Love, Ruby

Anonymous said...

hi
how you
lovepatrick