Sunday, April 19, 2009

A new day . . .

The house is quiet, with Stephen still asleep having been up half the night, so I have a few minutes to myself.

It's another gloriously sunny day - I've put the loungers and umbrellas up so we can enjoy the warm weather, watch the birds with Stephen's new binoculars I bought for his birthday last week, and hopefully lighten the mood.

We did not have a good day yesterday in spite of the brilliant weather, which is not surprising given the situation.   It's a hell of a thing to accept and come to terms with. It is sad to watch someone struggle with the knowledge that not only has he got the ticket for the journey and passed through the platform barrier but, as Stephen says, his ticket has been punched and he is about to get on the train  . . . . . 

3 comments:

JulesQuilts said...

How awful for you both, I am so so sorry. My thoughts are with you as always.
Love and a great big hug, Julie

Jo Hopwood said...

Hard times :-(

Nothing I can say to make this easier, but know people are thinking of you both.

jan said...

Your man has a wonderful way of easing the journey Babs. For himself and for you. You may be through the barrier Stephen, but I hope your train gets delayed for a long time.
lol Jan