Monday, March 16, 2009

WEIGHT LOSS and QUILTING

I stood on the scales this morning -  4 pounds lighter this week. Yes, 4 whole pounds lighter, and that is without Weightwatchers or Rosemary Conley, which I've attended in the past.

All I did was cut out the rubbish - i.e.  cream, butter, fried foods and puddings. Spent half-an-hour daily on The Mat executing simple yoga exercises, stayed away from my sewing machine (yes, I know, but good health comes first) - limited my time on the computer, cleared out clothes and suchlike which kept me on the move.

I won't tell you my starting weight - but will keep you informed as to any progress over the following weeks.  I want to lose another 18 pounds, so wish me luck!

What I have been thinking about this past week, whilst doing mindless jobs, is assessing my quilting work. Up to now have concentrated on simple patchwork - sampler quilts for example and am pretty proficient as far as they are concerned. However, it may be a case of Spring is in the air, but I now feel the need to break out as far as my own quilting is concerned.  I have been studying the fabulous work of some brilliant young (younger than me) artists on the internet, and it has given me itchy feet (and fingers).
I'm not sure where I shall begin - but it'll be sometime soon.

I didn't mention dynamic symmetry of the plant in my old book which gives lessons on the fundamental principles of symmetry as they are found in nature and in Greek art. The Logarithmic Spiral - Law of Phyllotaxis - and explanation of its application to design.
Fascinating and so useful!

1 comment:

jan said...

Hey a BIG WELL DONE to you Babs. 4lbs that is a really good start. I only managed 2.