Monday, March 30, 2009

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH . . . . cooking an OX TONGUE.

Here are step-by-step instructions for cooking an Ox Tongue. 
Sliced pressed tongue is something  you may have purchased from a delicatessen but shied away from cooking yourself.
It is cheap and the end result is delicious tho' the process may put some of you off. 
Don't be afraid - tongues can't bite.  
Just get the bit between your teeth, gird your loins, and get cracking!!!

NB: 
i) If the tongue has been brined (ask your butcher) then it needs to be soaked overnight in cold water. If not - then add some salt to the cooking process.

ii) I omitted to mention placing the newly cooked tongue into cold water prior to the skinning process. 

I guess that's it. . . .  all that remains for me to say is 'BON APPETIT!'

2 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Babs, I'm glad to be a veggie - give me nuts and beans any day!! Ros

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

I take your point Ros. Ox Tongue is enough to put any vegan off offal for loife!

Babs - longing for some lettuce!