Wednesday, March 11, 2009

AN EMBARASSING INCIDENT CONCERNING A BATH.

Had a tasty fish supper at The Ship, Caton earlier this evening.  A treat after experiencing a pretty horribilis day and suffering an embarassing and painful incident concerning my bath last night.

I was trapped -  stuck - in said bath - unable to climb out until 25 energetic and slippery minutes had elapsed. Finally, in desperation, flung my top half over the edge and fell on the floor in what can only be described as an ungainly move. Not a pretty sight.
It was no joke and I had visions of being trapped in the bath for a week,  sips of tepid water to sustain me until rescue came. 
I clean my own windows with hosepipe every 6 months so no chance of handsome window cleaner breaking window and carrying me off, smothered in vast bath towel, to goodness knows where, possibly somewhere romantic in a white van?  Now gals, one can dream!!!

2 comments:

JulesQuilts said...

OMG B that sounds horrendous are you ok?
Love Julie xx

Grammy said...

Hi, Babs,
I am not quite sure I can picture you being stuck in a tub. When I do a sit down bath in a tub,it is difficult to get up. I have to turn over to hands and knees to get up. Consequently, for quite a few years, I have avoided sit down baths and just do showers, using a hand-held sprayer that fastens at the shower head. God bless you, that must have been terrifying. Glad you got out of that predicament! BTW, I have never tasted pate. I like my chicken livers dredged in flour and fried. Then a little flour gravy to go over them. Love,Ruby