Friday, March 13, 2009

STUCK TO MY GUNS TODAY . . . .

Rose early - ablutions (no bath, not taking risk just yet) - fed birds - but my own breakfast consisted of 2 tablespoons all-bran + 2 tablespoons Onken low-fat SET yogurt (the best for dieters) + small chopped banana.
Birds had seeds, cake crumbs (lucky little divils) and monkey nuts for Sammy the squirrel.

Ironing was top of the list of chores today - whilst Invalid at hospital - so I tackled it all and felt quite martyrish when viewing piles of beautifully starched, ironed pillowcases, sheets, shirts and wotnots.
Time was not lost 'dashing away with the smoothing iron' as I lifted my head and espied a coal-tit popping in and out of our 2nd bird box. A private viewing no doubt.  Let's hope he takes up residence as it's been empty for a couple of seasons.  A neighbouring box contains a pair of blue-tits.  This is going to give my Invalid lots of pleasure watching bird antics (of a feathered variety).

A mid-morning coffee was followed by The Mat on which I huffed and puffed for half an hour. Doorbell rang - behold The Chaplain - more coffee and 3 oranges for him ('cos he's on a diet too).

Continued in this jolly domestic vein for most of day. Akin to Thora Hird with damp Dettol rag in hand wiping everything down from paintwork to piano.

Lunch consisted of an apple and large glass of water.

Supper = half a stuffed chicken breast with 2 new potatoes, peas and salad. No gravy, butter, cream or salad dressing whilst Invalid could have the lot - minus salad 'cos he's not to have anything from the cabbage family.

A little blue china duck (see below)  beckoned to me this evening as looked in the refrigerator for some orange juice. I was starving and could have eaten, not only the paté it contained, but the duck as well. I girded my loins and closed the door g-e-n-t-l-y.

Won't weigh myself until Monday.  As my Invalid loses each pound in weight - I'm putting it on. Perverse isn't it?

1 comment:

jan said...

Come on now Babs, an apple and a glassof water for lunch is NOT enough food. You are an active lady, you need more fuel than that.
I have restarted my diet to so we can see how we go each week.
Janet
Regards to your Invalid Babs. :-)