Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sooooooo.... hungry.........

I've felt so hungry all day. Truly HELLish situation - wot is a 'girl' to do? Desperate situations demand desperate measures!

One Pigeon in particular looked plump and tasty. Do not own shotgun - thus chances of securing said pigeon was slight - and my old yo yo proved useless.
Had removed pastry from freezer in readiness for feast and about to search for recipe in my pigeon book when chaplain arrived. He likes fruit cake - tho is not one himself. So the moment was lost and I had to make do with a dark rye ryvita and slimmers cottage cheese.

Photos of me taken 6 months ago look fairly OK. Had a waist. Those of me taken after months of sitting and sewing are akin to a hippopotamus.
In fact, I asked one or two ladies who have very grand and VERY expensive sewing machine that do everything bar sing - if they would embroider a hippopotamus on my smalls (a misnomer if ever there was) as a reminder of my sorry state.
Their machines apparently would embroider everything but. . . .

Now you'd think a machine that can embroider an elephant all by itself or even a country cottage and garden - or three-piece suite could cope with a hippopotamus? In my opinion these fancy machines are severely lacking and not worth the money!

Made lovely clear apple jelly this afternoon and will post pics and recipe tomorrow. You lucky people!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear Babs.......you poor hungry creature! You have made me laugh so much though, not that that's going to satisfy your growling tum! I suffer just the same, my belly wobbles in a very grand way, and is wobbling even more with all this laughter! I've decided that the only answer is to walk! Walk, walk, walk. I've been too busy sewing today, but tomorrow......yes tomorrow I WILL walk! Meanwhile, ooh, I wonder what's in the fridge for dinner?

jan said...

We are all in the same boat then. It'll probably sink very fast too. I am trying desperately - not too d thos - to try and lose a bit of weight. I think!! Ive lost a stone, mind you I found one in my shoe today, killed my little toe.
Keep at it Babs, you will laugh yourself slim.

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Hi Cath,
Thanks for comments. My children feel my Blog is an embarassment to them - as I forget everything once I start typing literally any rubbish that comes into my head and can find photos to match.
I find it a release after all the serious folks that surround me. I guess it's a sign of olde age rebellion!

Babs