Monday, October 13, 2008

OOH! MY POOR BACK ACHES . . .

Got up at 7.15 - crawled to bathroom - bent over double with backache. The result of sitting at the sewing machine for long periods during past few days.

Want to finish the quilt for Popular Patchwork magazine before November 11th - but won't be able to sew today so I guess it's a case of shuffling for half and hour - sitting for half and hour - lying flat on floor for half hour for most of the day.
At least that's what I have been told to do by physio. A bloomin' nuisance.

Have already sat at computer for 15 minutes . . . . dearie me this is going to be a dull day!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Dear Babs,
I feel as though I know you...Thanks for your comments on my blog. I have only been blogging since mid-June of this year, but am loving it! I find your blog immensely interesting! I will be back...I love your quilts. Mine are very amateurish compared to yours, but no matter. I am hoping to get a quilt finished that I just started working on a few weeks ago. In fact, I need to be working on it instead of blogging, but there is something quite addictive about blogging. I have a big problem with my back. Spinal stenosis. Well, I will be back.
How exciting to blog with someone who lives in England! Warmest regards to you.

jan said...

Hi Babs, when my back aches, and luckily it is not so frequent these days, I use a ball my daughter got me. It is a Pilates ball, kind of like a football, but soggier! You place it in the small of your back, and sit back, and that's it basically, I usually sit and read a book whilst I am being 'repaired' Why not give it a try, I have lain on the floor, hung from the doorway, had all sorts of treatments that were horrendous at the time and useless afterwards. The ball works for me, maybe it will for you. lol jan