Saturday, October 18, 2008

One thing after another . .

Not only having problems sorting out this Blog but my Sony digital camera is now kaput.

Have pics inside camera but won't transfer to iphoto. Have been doing this successfully for past 8 years.
Tried changing batteries, settings and memory stick etc., without luck. Dead as Dodo.

Promised to upload photos onto 'Ask Aunty Babs' thread on popularpatchwork.com site this afternoon so was doubly cross as I hate to let people down or break a promise.

Giving some demos tomorrow at Fulwood - machine piecing, machine embroidery, machine appliqué and machine quilting. Needless to say I'm taking my best Bernina to the show.

Busy week ahead. Workshops on Monday/Wednesday. Pilates class. Family visiting from Scotland on Tuesday for 5 days.
Wall insulation being installed. Free for us over seventies - aren't I lucky? I'm sure you need to know all this!

Neatened reverse of my Lilac Heirloom Sampler quilt this evening whilst I watched Simon Schama's programme on America. Excellent.
Have to finish the quilt by Christmas in time to be photographed.

Made Evensong block for Autumn Garden and Pot Plant block for Winter garden this morning between bouts of ironing and cooking - not to mention some dusting.

No pics so will have to make do with words.

Let's face it - one sees some amazing and clever quilts but would you want to put them on your bed? Not bloomin' likely.

Find, as I get older, that I am drawn to traditional quilts for my home. The age process at work no doubt.

Have designed two pieced and appliqué quilts - in 2 colourways. Not samplers. Cut out pieces for one of them.
Am pleased - 'cos they're charming and will look lovely on beds. Which is where I am heading.

Night night!

No comments: