Monday, October 20, 2008

The Cake(s) Saga . . . and Mr Kipling's "If . . . . . .

Now then my Fans. Where are the cakes?

Am disappointed and half a mind to exchange the capital F so generously bestowed upon you, for a lower case letter. i.e. fans!

My own cherry cake is 'ripening' in a nice big airtight container - and as I have managed to upload/download pictures from my camera - to iphoto via my All-in-one Epson printer - will show you the fruits of my labour tomorrow evening.

Have discovered a very important factor that I would like to pass on to you all. It's this:

"If all else fails, read the instructions!"

Greetings to Cath, my numero six Follower. I'll bet you make a mean cake Cath, and I suspect your pastry is lighter than mine.

Had they used my 'short' (a misnomer) crust pastry for surfacing the M6 - roadworks would be non-existent!

My heartfelt thanks to Mr Saxby of Jus-Rol for saving my bacon on many occasions.

Mr Wonderful - spent 3 hours sifting through your Blog seeking the Real You! Where are You hiding?

Have busy day tomorrow. Workshop with ladies from South Lancs. Discussing borders for their Heirloom Sampler Quilts.

Some very exciting quilts emerging from this group.

Yawn, yawn. Bed calls. Till tomorrow - and news of The Cakes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Mean" is the word Babs!! My cakes always seem to be flat and lopsided, no matter what method I use. I can cream butter and sugar till it's as light, white and fluffy as the driven snow. I can make the All-in-one variety, mix by hand, food mixer or processor,throw in bucket loads of baking powder but alas...to no avail, the result is always a pancake lurking in the bottom of the tin!!! Mr. Kipling does very well out of me!

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

My mother used to say to me, " it's the way you hold your mouth!"
watever that means.

Keep cookin'

Babs