Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ye Old Forsaken Tart

Couldn't face the old tart (pardon the expression) - so had strawberries, huge ones which I dipped into a little side dish of lemon juice and sugar. Brought out the flavour.  No cream as am now on diet having eaten so much rhubarb tart.  Will offer remains of tart to neighbour - ha! ha!
Hope she doesn't read this before I make the gesture.

Now then - I imagine you'll all (assuming there's more than one of you) be dying to know what I served with the sardines this evening?  
The sardines were delicious - so please don't go rushing into Iceland before I do 'cos I'm going back tomorrow to buy three more boxes. At £3 a time makes a cheap, nourishing and delicious meal for two. I baked them @ 180ºC for 30 mins total.
Served creamed potatoes - sounds so much posher than mashed don't you think? Plus string beans and a side salad of thinly sliced red onion and tomatoes in a light dressing.
Pud as mentioned.

Quilting:
Made up 2 blocks (parts 2 and 3) this afternoon in wintery colours for 'Winter Singing Garden.' Blues and silver. Look good. I'll post pics of them when completely finished.
Made a start machine quilting the original Spring/Summer Singing Garden using pure silk thread.

Reading:
Iris Murdoch's  "The Sea, The Sea."
About to toddle off into bed with above book for half an hour of sheer delight before lights out.
Night night to one and all . . . . . . 
 

2 comments:

JulesQuilts said...

I'm putting on weight just reading your blog, it all sounds so delicious!

katyp said...

Hello Babs! I might have to go to Iceland myself - those sardines look great!

Great blog - I too am an avid fan of sauce bottles, as a compulsive reader of anything shoved under my eyes. It's quite useful, I've occasionally been able to answer quiz questions that I'm unware I know the answers to, and once knew the location of a bridalwear shop in Manchester without realising (It was called "Bride be Lovely").

Anyway, don't be neglecting me at Pop Patch with your new found web-fame!

love
Katy