Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wot a Day this has been - wot a rare mood I'm in. . .

A good title for a song!

Wot a day. WOT A DAY!

Gales, howling winds and rain belting/pelting down. A truly British Summer. Foreigners thinking of spending hols over here, please note. Mind you this is the Lake District - aptly named.
I wonder when the hosepipe ban will be introduced? Pretty soon I guess, judging by the weather.

I spent the day battening down the hatches - and shivering.

"Cast not a clout till May is out" my mother used to say.

Well - it's out, and a thermal vest once again clings to my soon-to-be-sylph-like body. Glad I am of it, too.

Quiz:

Q: How many of you are wearing vests?

Answers on a postcard to the UK weather centre in Birmingham, please.

Wind is still howling outside, so I'm giving up on the day and going to bed. Electric blanket is warming up nicely - have put kettle on for a mug of camomile tea (soporific) and taking Deniece Schofield's "Confessions of an Organized Homemaker" to bed as an easy read tonight, as Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion' is best reserved for daylight hours!

Night night . . . . .

No comments: