Wednesday, June 11, 2008

NOTHING FANCY IF YOU PLEASE. . . .

Entertained a visitor to lunch. Don't serve any of that 'foreign muck' were his instructions. So, like a good 'girl,' I did as I was told and the above is the result.
Had to put aside Raymond, Gordon and co. It's got to be brisket, spuds and cabbage. Well, what else can you serve a slightly
anal-retentive Englishman but a 'modern' equivalent of boiled beef and carrots?
I had to cook that piece of brisket for FIVE hours. Yes, that's right! 5 whole hours at 130ºC in a pot covered tightly with foil and a lid.
It's no secret how I cooked the cabbage. English-style I'm afraid - chopped, with plenty of butter and black pepper.

Pudding was warmed-up lemon cake (in M/W) with wot else(?) but custard and ice-cream.

I'll pop off and let you digest these pearls of culinary wisdom whilst I have my healthy breakfast.
See you later with much more interesting stuff.

No comments: