Friday, June 20, 2008

'The Birds'- with apologies to Alfred Hitchcock.

Ah, wasna' that sweet?

I see many such touching situations in my garden, known by my neighbour as 'The Casbah' due to the mighty palm tree - bought from Netto as a 10" plant approx 5 years ago - that overhangs her domain. Lucky person.

When the time is ripe and I feel you are ready - I will let you into secrets - into the exciting nooks and crannies of my Secret (Casbah) World!

'Ooh,' I hear you cry! 'Cannot wait.' Well, you must.

I thought my tale of the birdies would be a change from cookin' and quiltin' - they can wait for another day.

Now that I'm on my low carb diet (no bread or booze) have lost interest in recipes. Existing on fruit/yoghurt and salads.
Forcing myself to enjoy (did I say enjoy?) 30 minutes of pilates floor exercises each morning before breakfast, followed by a power walk around the block. This regime, together with the diet, should ensure a sylph-like figure in a few weeks time (providing I stick at it!)

Talking of sticks - am going downstairs to chew on a stick of celery and sip a cup of weak camomile tea. Now that'll get the pulse racing . . .

Bedtime reading: Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion.' That should take my mind off food!

2 comments:

HerzBlatt said...

Hi,
I love your picture and your kind of writing and that you are English..... and I am always on a diet, too.
Have you got any success with your diet???
My daughter gets married in September and I must!!!loose some weight!!!
By the way....I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!....
Please let us know ...we are ready....*lol*
best wishes and a wonderful weekend
Iris

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Hi hertzblatt,
Yep, am losing weight and feeling 'firmer' - not as flabby as before - which is due to the daily 20 minutes of easy pilates (or yoga) exercises. Am finding the diet restricting, but sticking to it as I want to look slimmer and fit into a nice dress for my grandson's christening at end of July when all the family will be there.
I do eat exactly what I say on my Blog - the healthy breakfast is essential but I left out the all-bran and shredded wheat this week. Rest is mostly fruit, salads, tuna, salmon, ham, the occasional baked potato with cottage cheese. Keep off bread and booze if you want to lose weight. Best wishes, Babs.