Saturday, June 14, 2008

Good morning to one (?) and all . . .

Having had healthy breakfast, watered the tomatoes, and fed the birds - am ready to tackle the world!

Well, my Singing Garden quilt to be exact. Have started 'anchoring' the quilt around the alternating pinwheel blocks that form the trellis. Looks OK up to now - no distortion of the quilt or puckering on the back.
Am undecided whether to vermicelli some areas around the motifs or crosshatch across the quilt. Both methods will make the motifs stand out.
My horoscope says I have to be bold and do things today I wouldn't normally do. Hmm . . .

The blocks I rejected - some of which you'll see above - are being used as practice blocks. Will keep you posted, but I always put any new blocks on the Popular Patchwork Magazine website first. (www.popularpatchwork.com)

1 comment:

JulesQuilts said...

Ok so now I feel like a total sloth! I got up late had a leisurly late breakfast, just turned on the pc only to find you have been hard at it for hours! Not only that you have several quilts on the go whilst I have sat here for days procrastinating. As for my blog haven't touched it in days. I'd best get off my btm and do something:-)