Sunday, May 10, 2009

GUTS!

Stephen read an article this morning about Major Phil Packer who, in spite of losing the use of both legs as a result of a rocket attack whilst on duty in Basra, managed to complete the 26.2 miles of the London Marathon - taking 13 days in which to do it.

Now that's what I call GUTS, he said.  I think every one of us will echo this sentiment.

You can read more about Major Packer by clicking on his website (www.philpacker.com) situated on the side bar . . . . and leave him a congratulatory message . . . . 

2 comments:

Maggi said...

I heard that on the news last night and was blown away by it - what courage.

jan said...

Hi Babs, when I saw the story on the web I had to reproduce it on my Blog, we are as you may know making quilts for our boys and girls in Headley Court. I admire him so much, what a truly wonderful achievment it was. Annette told me today he hasnt finished yet, he is going to climb a mountain next. You have to hand it to the man....Jan
ps thanks for the link to his site by the way off to look