Friday, May 15, 2009

Twin needled Feathers, Patsy Thompson, & priorities . . .

Now that I've discovered Patsy Thompson (website on side bar)  -   cannot understand why have I not come across this talented lady (Queen of Feathers) before - a well kept trade secret(?) and much as I want to perfect my feathers,  I'm afraid Patsy's fabulous feather-stitching is having to take a back seat for a while. A matter of priorities. 
A shame as I planned to experiment using twin needles for the feathers. Twin needle FMQ vermicelli was used on my Singing Garden quilt and I liked the effect. Can't see any problems with twin needled feathers, providing I take my time, but unfortunately will have to wait. Intend to put Patsy Thompson feathers on the winter version of SG quilt which at the moment is a pile of blocks.

Stephen was very poorly in the night and I am waiting to call the cancer nurse at the surgery when it opens  - in 10 minutes. The district nurse is due to call this afternoon, but he cannot wait that long, given his present condition.
Stephen was not at all well yesterday afternoon and evening - too weary to watch his beloved football - sat in his armchair, wrapped in blankets.  
Had a series of extremely high temperatures accompanied by rigors and heavy sweating in the night which left him very weak and listless. 
I shall be so relieved when my daughters arrive tomorrow as my youngest is a nurse - ex midwife - and she will know what to do and take charge, whilst my eldest girl is very cheerful, practical, and helpful.  Not seen them since January, tho' they telephone daily.

This house is certainly short on cheer at the moment.


5 comments:

jan said...

Hi Babs, hope you have managed to get in touch with them, I too will be pleased when your daughters visit, it will enable you to have a bit of a rest. I know you probably wont, but do try to take full advantage of their visit. You need a break. Thinking of you all, lol Jan x

jan said...

Meantime Babs, here is a link for you, I often go there when I just want to 'play' with words.
http://www.wordle.net/create
enjoy.

jan said...

This site is amazing, I found her a while back and we now chat by email. Just look at all her Quilts, and she GIVES THEM AWAY, well some of them. It is a lovely cheery place to visit, so go and enjoy Babs.

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Thanks very much for that Janet. I do enjoy visiting your blog. So much to see and interesting things posted every day.

May have to leave blogging for a wee while as things are not great here at the moment - but blogging is addictive isn't it? Like being on stage - out there for all to see!!

Babs

jan said...

OK Babs, I understand. I will save all the links for you for another time. Hope you have a good weekend with your girls and that Stephen will be able to enjoy their visit too. I'll be thinking of you all. Jan x
PS It is very addictive, isn't it strange though I could never keep a diary when I was young!!!!!