Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's that time of year again! Yummy Elderflower Cordial. Ready to drink in 2 weeks!



Made a batch of Elderflower cordial - as is my wont at this time of year when the flowers are at their best.
Recipe can be found on an earlier posting . . . .see June 2008 (Famous Olde Country Recipe).

Yes, I agree - finished product is a trifle cloudier this year and does resemble something you take to a clinic . . . . . . however, will label bottles to avoid confusion.

I assure you it makes the most delicious drink. Mix the cordial with ice, chilled sparkling water and a slice of lemon in a tall glass. Can't beat it. Unless, of course, you make a cocktail adding lots of gin or/+ vodka and a slice of lemon!!! Yum yum!!

Hmm . . . .Think I'll treat myself . . . . I deserve it . . . .

3 comments:

Maggi said...

I take it that, unlike elderflower wine, this is ready to drink straight away? Sounds lovely.

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Maggi - needs to kept in a cool dark place for at least 2 weeks. Gas develop during that time (or should do) which gives it a bit of a sparkle when you open the bottle.

Babs

JulesQuilts said...

Good to see you back, hope you are feeling refreshed.

Well done to your Granddaughter, what a great achievment.

I can vouch for the elderflower cordial, I made some from Babs' recipe last year, and it was delicious. The only problem was I didn't make enough!! Am going out to pick lots of elder flowers tomorrow, weather permitting!!