Monday, June 22, 2009

HA = Hoarders Anonymous! R U a member?

Up to now have made every excuse under the sun not to start de-cluttering the house, but I start today!

Please tell me the name of a quilter who is not a hoarder - without half a dozen UFO's - a fabric stash - snippets of this and that - books galore - needles of all descriptions , including old sewing machine needles (kept - just in case - for paper piecing) -plus 300+ spools of thread that will never be used in a lifetime and finished quilts that will never see the light of day 'cos they don't go with the curtains!

I am not she. R U?

3 comments:

Maggi said...

I definitely belong. I have an old 35mm film case that is full of he old needles for when I do 'nasty' mixed media work but always forget to use them.

jan said...

Good grief Babs, of course it tis not I...she said...oohhh what a fibber!! hahaha
It is so lovely to have you back with us for a while. Are you refreshed from your short break? I do hope so. I remember my mum making elderberry wine--whew-- and she had a go at sloe gin, yuk! Not quite right, bless her. There was another one but I cant remember it now, it always looked murky in the bottle, but oh boy did it have a kick. lol to you both, Jan

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Thanks Maggi and Jan,

My sewing room is not the only hoarders delight area in the house - have had kitchen altered and found stuff that hadn't seen the light of day for yonks at back of a cupboard. i.e. 20 year old american angel food cake mix! Bet you can't beat that. There's a cake competition - ending September 1990 - on back of package. Am tempted to enter!

Babs xx