Thursday, July 19, 2012

NEXT! Twelve year old UFO waiting to go under the JUKI . .

This green and pink appliqué quilt top is the next (4th) UFO project to go under the Juki needle, followed by the 5th - a winter version of the 'Singing Garden' BOM I designed for Popular Patchwork magazine in 2009.

Will interperse FMQing this appliqué quilt with piecing another UFO - a  very old Lone Star quilt top - on my old 1230 Bernina (newly repaired) to give me a change of task and venue i.e. from kitchen to conservatory - and back again!

Am I a glutton for punishment?  Yeh!!

3 comments:

Maggi said...

You really do have the most beautiful assortment of quilts.

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Maggi, These are a result of years of teaching at various venues - making samples - doing workshops at my home and running courses at local adult college and quilt shops.
Some are from workshops I've attended from time to time over the years. Others from patterns I've seen and enjoyed piecing and appliquéing. Until I acquired the Juki I couldn't face quilting the tops so stuck them in bags in the loft. The Juki has amazingly changed all that. I really do like it using it.

jan said...

Can't wait to see them all quilted Babs, you are getting used to the Juki now I see.