Friday, July 27, 2012

Juki Addiction - no cure!

Am fast becoming a Juki addict - so much so have to have something under the Juki needle whilst I'm planning or doing other things - such as taking time to layer my #4 UFO for example. Pop back and forth between tasks. For variety and exercise.
I know - pathetic ain't it?  It's my only form of entertainment!!
All the interest and fun of the fair is in London at the moment. Not even seen a flag in my neck of the woods. The excitement hasn't reached us yet.

Below is a 17 year old UFO scrap quilt. Can probably tell how old it is by the fabrics.

Downside of free motion quilting old work is the old wadding and cotton threads.
Created lots of fluff under the needle which was a nuisance - and slowed me down.
This is a small 'cuddle' quilt - want to get it finished ASAP - so resorted to meandering and large rough (very rough) feathers for a change of texture. Will probably finish it this week by which time the 'Love Much' quilt should be layered (not my favourite job) and ready to go under the Juki.

NB: Maggi - the daisy-like flowers are to be found on Patsy Thompson's Fast and Free quilting DVD - volume 2.

Her DVD's are worth every penny.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

You certainly seem to have been rejuvenated by the Juki. I'm glad that you eventually bonded with it. Thanks for the info about the DVD