Saturday, February 14, 2009

LASERED EYES!

Anyone had their eyes lasered?  
Mine - done on Tuesday afternoon - were due to thickening of lens after cataract operations about 9 years ago.

I was terrified, but not as much as elderly chap who sat opposite me in hospital waiting area.
He was trembling.

I tried to calm myself by asking the following Q: 
"Will this be worse than being on the delivery table during labour?" 
By that I don't mean the government.

I ask myself this same question when faced with the following situations:

Dentist.
Cervical smear.
Flight take-off.
Motorway holdup.
An hour of pilates.
A pile of ironing.
You can probably think of others . . . 

The answer in this case was an unquestioning 'NO!'

The whole process took all of 3 minutes, after which I skipped (smiling) out of the laser room to the joy of waiting patients - most of whom, like first chap, were sitting chewing their nails but trying to look nonchalant.


3 comments:

jan said...

I think I would be shaking so much the laser would go off target!!!!

jan said...

Meant to also put I thought you were very brave to have this done. How long does it last??

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Hi Jan,
Not a case of being brave - a case of going blind!
I have a progressive form of glaucoma - episodic low-tension glaucoma - - cataract ops 9 years ago helped - but been clouding over. Will eventually lose my sight - change specs twice per year as sight deteriorates - but with a bit of luck will have 'popped my clogs' by then!! Alleluia.