Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stephen - Sunday 10th January 2010

Am worried about Stephen. He has stopped eating. Has no appetite - food is tasteless - takes all his time to drink the high energy liquids that have been prescribed by the hospital. At my wits end cooking food that I hope will temp him to eat - to no avail. Stephen managed to drink half a bowl of broth my neighbour kindly made for him today - but would eat nothing else. M makes the best broth in the world for which I'm grateful. Stephen has no energy - everything is an effort and he is getting thinner by the day. His legs are thin and I can feel his shoulder bones sticking out. He was such a strong, powerful man and it's distressing to see him virtually shrink before my eyes. I had a big weep this evening and am so fearful for the future.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

I know full well where you are coming from with this. My heart goes out to you both. Maggi

jan said...

I second Maggi's comment. Sending so much love to you both.
Jan

Sylvia said...

Thinking of you at such a difficult time.