Friday, January 15, 2010

Stephen admitted to hospital . . .


Stephen admitted to hospital yesterday afternoon with jaundice and an increasingly swollen abdomen and legs. Blood tests taken on Tuesday evening revealed alarming high readings and suggested a blockage in his liver or/and bile duct. Inserting a 'stent' was suggested to alleviate the jaundice and terrible itching that accompanied it. He is NOT well, and I was advised to call the family. This afternoon I was informed that an operation would not be advisable given Stephen's advanced condition so I brought him home.

6 comments:

Maggi said...

I am sure that you will both be happier with Stephen at home, however difficult. Much love to you both. Maggi

Angela said...

Lots of love and thoughts from me too Babs & Stephen...Angela x

Jo Hopwood said...

I hope things are going as well as they can Babs, love to you both.

Jo x

jan said...

Babs, you did the right thing in bringing him home. I wish I was nearer to you I really do. My thoughts are constantly with you, I hope you know.
Love to you both at this dreadful dreadful time.
Jan xx

Patsy Thompson said...

Babs,
You and Stephen are in my prayers. I'm holding kind thoughts for you.

Grammy said...

Dear Babs,
My thoughts are with you and Stephen. I am so sorry he is having to go through all the pain. I feel as though I know you both, although we have never met in person. You are lovely people.
Ruby