Saturday, July 11, 2009

Surrounded by artists . . etc.,

Am surrounded by artists. Stephen (who used to teach art) and brother David who has recently taken up oil painting as a retirement hobby (and showing talent), plus brother-in-law Bob who is a professional artist! My sister is a brilliant couturier knitter - using fabulous designs and colours.
It's humbling - tho' I guess some quiltmakers are artistic. Ahem!

From whom my grandchildren inherited a sports tendency is a mystery - a throwback perhaps - as my parents and brother loathed all forms of sport and I'm not into it, having had rheumatic fever in my teens which knackered me as far as sport was concerned - tho' I was previously successful in long jump - flat racing and javelin throwing before RH struck.

It's funny how the old gene pool works isn't it?

Most of the family are musical or artistic - my daughters being excellent singers, yet my son and the grandchildren are mostly into sports.
The boys into rugby, skiing, sailing and girls into sailing and rowing. A good way of keeping them on the straight and narrow I guess, especially testosterone-fuelled teenagers!

No comments: