Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL . .

Feel very apprehensive about what 2010 may have in store for us.
Stephen is not at all well tonight and has slept for most of the afternoon and evening. Is in bed with rigors and heavy sweating.
I shall contact the nurse first thing tomorrow morning.

We are very fortunate to have the support of the Outreach team at our local Hospice - Cancercare - District Nurses - a wonderful Oncologist and a great Pain Management Team at the Infirmary - plus our local GP and surgery nurse. These fantastic people are helping to prolong Stephen's life and keep him as comfortable as is humanly possible.
I am so grateful for their help and encouragement at this very difficult time.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

It seems inappropriate to wish you a Happy New Year with all that you are both going through so I will just send you both my best wishes for some peace and comfort and for Stephen especially, some relief from the pain that he is going through. Maggi

jan said...

I hope, I really hope you will both find Peace this year Babs, my heart goes out to you and Stephen, we are all here for you both, but of course especially for you Babs. We all miss you but know the reason you are absent. Much love to you both.
Jan x

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you both. You are both held in my prayers,
Fiona.