Friday, October 2, 2009

Stephen and Patsy Thompson's Vol 3 feathers DVD to cheer us up..

Stephen is not well and we have been to and from the Hospice and the hospital these past few weeks. He is receiving therapies which help him somewhat - but the pain in his back is becoming unbearable. Drugs have been increased but the morphine doesn't seem to touch the pain - just makes him dopey. He has been referred to a Pain Management consultant at the hospital and is to have a spinal block - i.e. injection into his spine - next Friday - in a desperate attempt to give him some respite. This will require anaesthetic and overnight stay in hospital.

The nights are bad and I feel helpless not knowing what to do. At the end of the day - in spite of help from the Hospice, local hospital and Macmillan/District nurses - it's still a case of dealing with things yourselves.

On a happier note - we have been watching Patsy Thompson's latest DVD (3rd) on Feathers. Click on sidebar - Blog List or Interesting Websites - to access her site. (www.patsythompsondesigns.com) A treat in store!

Not only does Patsy have a lovely face and reassuring voice - which Stephen finds restful and appealing, but her skill at free motion quilting is a triumph.
I defy anyone not to be able to stitch feathers when they have seen Patsy in action.
She is much copied by many professionals.

Patsy helps at a Hospice in the USA which makes her presence in our sitting room doubly welcome at this sad time.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

I hope that the spinal block is able to give Stephen some relief. It is good that he is able to share your love of quilting with you through watching Patsy's DVDs together.

jan said...

Hi Babs, I am so sorry to hear Stephen is so poorly now, I have had computer problems and am only just catching up with everyones blogs and emails. I do hope they can find some way to give him some relief for all his discomfort. How are you in yourself Babs, apart from worrying of course, I do hope you are taking care of YOURSELF. It is lovely to read you are both watching the quilting videos together, that is a lovely thought. Much love to you both Babs. Jan xx

Grammy said...

HI, Babs,
I am so sorry to hear Stephen is having such awful days and nights. I have been trying to keep up with you all. You are both in my thoughts. Glad you have some relief by sharing and watching interesting videos.
Much love,
Ruby

Sarah Payne said...

I have just randomly hit upon your blog and I wanted to send you a virtual hug. Your postings are very touching and I find myself moved. You sound like a lovely lady and my thoughts are with you and Stephen.