Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wm Morris quilt now on my bed!

Am very pleased with the finished quilt.
I think it looks good on my bed and try to refrain from popping into the bedroom to have yet another peek instead of getting stuck into some housework.
Fits in nicely with the Wm Morris decor don't you think?

I used Madeira Polyneon thread in both bobbin and top of the machine. Bought some spools of 100% silk but it is so expensive and I have so many quilt tops to complete that it would have cost me a fortune. Am saving the silk thread for something else. The silk thread is lovely but frankly - after testing both the it and the polyneon - found there is little difference in the final result between the two threads.  Much cheaper - and some lovely colours - from Barnyarns. I used a lot 70/10 machine needles - so much so have bought a pack of 100 to see me through my UFO's.

Now to start work on the next ancient UFO - it's a toss up between the white/silver "Winter Singing Garden" quilt top I created for Popular Patchwork in 2009. Thing is, it's another mainly appliqué quilt.  Should I FMQ something pieced like a 1930's quilt top I finished a few year's ago?  Both are white so am testing - and considering - white Mettler polysheen thread for these quilts. Hmm . . .

Will post pics of both quilt tops before deciding. . . .  perhaps you will help make the decision.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt Babs,looks wondfrful on your bed.

Juliet x

Anonymous said...

This quilt is beautiful! I have a William Morris quilt on my list! :)

hilary said...

Stunning Babs. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Hilary