Thursday, March 22, 2012

Don't waste your money on this . . . .


Having read lots of positive remarks regarding Sew Slip mats (see above) which you attach to the bed of the machine - supposedly making the surface extra slippy in order for the quilt to slide along - I bought one thinking it would be a wonderful aid to free motion quilting my eleven UFO's.
This product is not cheap and I was very disappointed.
It is easier and cheaper and more effective to use an anti-static furniture polish and duster.
It must be ANTI-STATIC polish not the one containing beeswax.  Quilt will slide along easily....
So don't waste your money.

2 comments:

jan said...

Thanks Babs I had wondered about that, if it was a good buy.

Debi Spencer said...

I remember this one and still follow your tip. Good to see you doing a bit more. I hope things are on the up a bit more for you. Been thinking about you a lot. The quilt I'm doing for my Mum is coming along very nicely. You can see it on my blog if you want to. Do take care. It would be lovely to see you if you're up to a visit. Lots of love. Xxx