Monday, September 26, 2011

At Last . . .

At long last. Operation - spinal decompression - set for 11th October. Operated on by best neurosurgeon in northwest UK so not feeling too worried about the outcome.

Scary problems/complications arising from the op have been explained - but they have to do that don't they?

Any advice re above op would be appreciated, especially if anyone out there has had this particular operation. Must confess I am a bit concerned about aftercare given that Stephen died last year and I have no helpful family nearby.
Will throw myself on social services and see what they can offer.

I will be glad to see the back of the last 2+ years - which have been ghastly.
Just hope this operation will be successful and I am able to get back into normal living once more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck for the 11th Babs, let's hope this op will herald a positive turning point for you, and that you can then put the past two years behind you. xx

jan said...

I ditto what Cath says Babs. Glad to see you on here meantime. Take care, wish I were near to you, I would be your carer. There must be someone who can give you assistance Babs.

Maggi said...

I'll be thinking of you on the 11th Babs and hoping that it all goes well. I hope that this is a new start for you and that you can now begin to properly move on.