Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Swollen feet and legs . . .

Stephen is having his second session of chemo later this morning, but his feet and legs have started to swell over the past couple of days so we have made an appointment to see the GP before we set off for the oncology department at the hospital.
I looked up the symptoms on the internet and it appears the swelling may be related to his liver problems. The increased morphine and steroid intake this past week may also be responsible.

I too am seeing the GP. Have developed a very sore throat/trachea over the past 3 weeks, which may or may not be due to stress - but it needs seeing to as I am finding it very painful to speak.

We are fast becoming a pair of old crocks!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

My heart goes out to you and I pray for you both. I admire your strength and devotion and I admire Stephen's determination. Life-style's can be picked up where left off, help for each other cannot. God Bless, my love.x

Maggi said...

I hope that your visit to the doctor has sorted your throat out. If it is stress-related it is hardly surprising. What a terrible time Stephen seems to be having with this latest round of treatment. Maggi x